Tuesday, June 09, 2009

SAGA Opening Ceremony Day

Yes, finally the SAGA is here.

Wake up around 11 today, have my breakfast with Daren and Ah Man in Sky. Afterward prepare to go for the SAGA opening ceremony. I got bad news, that's Ah Hao and me got disqualified from take part in the cycling competition because of we are over age. A bit disappointed at the first moment I saw the message but this remind me that I no need to cycle for 150laps for the criterium, no need fall from the hill and I still can be the technical in competitions and collect allowance for the part time job. Still I got the SAGA 2009 track suit with the worth of over RM200.

After we reach in complex, we went take our dinner and we had some walks at complex as we waiting for the opening ceremony start. I meet many friends in there. The sky turn dark suddenly, it's going to rain! Luckily the rain stopped before the ceremony start and we feel not so hot while line up for the contigent and waiting to walk in the stadium. Almost one hour we wait for our turn to go in the stadium. After we are in the stadium, the crowed stadium full of supports and they shout for us. The feel was very good and very proud when somebodies shouting on you. We walk in the stadium and we are like superstars, we use our hand to hit their hand, just like those stars walk close to their fans.

After we line up in the center of the field, we wait for over 30minutes for hearing speechs from those Datuk-datuk. Not so bad, I knew a Ranau friend, a sepak takraw player who called Alice. We enjoy our chit-chat there as we are boring on waiting the end of the speech, too bad I can't get her number as I can't take picture with her too. She look pretty and she is in form 2 now. After the speech done, the most important moment had come, the flame-lighting. The arrow shoot out by the Chief Minister and the arrow hit on the red spot. The 4 shot of fireworks launched out and shoot on the plate and the flame was lighted up. Afterward Chief Minister gifting the Malayan Sun Bear (beruang madu), the mascot of the SAGA 2009 to every head of contigents.

After we leaved the field, the Malaysia's star singer Abu Bakar Ellah had his performances and 300 Shuffle was after him. Others perfomances I don't know because I was not an audience and I back before the 300 Shuffle finish but I knew there got horses show, traditional dances, band camp and so on.

Had our supper in mile4 market and had my bath after home. Tired now and going to sleep soon as tomorrow still need to work in competitions. Tomorrow categories is 200m sprints.

Bed time.

0 comments: